Change-A-Life invites students to apply for its educational scholarships
Change-A-Life Foundation has commenced the 2013 application process for prospective beneficiaries of its educational scholarship program.
Change-A-Life is open to all regardless of class, gender, colour, ethnicity, religion, age and creed.
In order to become and remain a beneficiary of this scheme, all applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Maintain a record of academic excellence for a period of not less than two years.This includes the following:
i. Maintain a minimum school grade of merit in all relevant subjects and/or maintain an average of 70 % termly/semester grade.
ii. Original copies of the applicant’s most recent examination results.
iii. Provide all academic details as required from time to time.
iv. Provide all necessary school fees’ receipts on demand. If you attend a public school which does not charge tuition fees, you are required to provide necessary receipts forthe purchase of the following:
- School uniform and school supplies, including school bag, sandals, socks and any other accessories that form part of the school uniform;
- All recommended textbooks;
- Extra classes (lessons).
- You must be registered and attending school.
- You must be a child or ward of an indigent single parent or guardian.
CRITERIA FOR DISQUALIFICATION ON THE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
A person shall cease to be on the scheme if any one of these occurs:
- If there is a reversal in the fortunes of the parent.
- If the parent wins a lottery.
- If the child dies.
- If the child is guilty of fraud or dishonesty in relation to his qualification as a beneficiary under the scheme.
- If the parent is guilty of fraud or dishonesty in the representation of his or her financial capacity.
- If the child does not maintain academic excellence for a whole academic year (provided there is no extenuating factor that may have caused the decline in academic performance).
- A one-page letter stating why the applicant should be considered for the scholarship.
- Bring your application and supporting documents (original copies of the applicant’s most recent examination results) to No 3, OkunolaAina Street, Off Okupe Estate, Mende, Maryland, Lagos. The deadline to apply is the 28th of April 2013.
NOTE: Change-A-Life educational scholarship students who achieve and maintain exceptional academic records are rewarded twice annually – during our Children’s Day celebration and our January 1st Annual TV Special.
Change-A-Life Foundation is a social service organisation founded in 2002 by media entrepreneur and humanitarian, Ms. Funmi Iyanda. Since inception, the organisation has maintained full educational scholarships for up to 100 indigent children. Some of our beneficiaries have now graduated from university and are gainfully employed. Change-A-Life also empowers entrepreneurs by assisting them with small business grants.