Change-A-Life is a scheme with mission to act as a bridge between people with potential, yet great need and the people, agencies and organizations with the capacity to help and are willing to help these people.
Change-A-Life is the vision of TV Star and Media Entrepreneur Ms Funmi Iyanda and was founded by her in 2002. It was run as an intervention project from 2002 till 2009 and was incorporated as a foundation in 2010.
Our Key Objectives:
Since 2002, Change-A-Life has been involved in intervening in the lives of vibrant, talented, gifted, determined and purposeful disadvantaged individuals, so that another human endowment is not lost or wasted. Change-A-Life engages in programmes around three scope areas which form the fulcrum of positive development viz.
Change-A-Life is open to all people regardless of class, gender, colour, ethnicity, religion, age, and creed.
What we do is:
- Offer total human capacity development to the beneficiaries of the scheme;
- Grant scholarships to children of indigent one parent who have maintained a record of academic excellence;
- Offer mentoring services to beneficiaries under the scheme;
- Provide internship opportunities to beneficiaries under the scheme;
- Develop the leadership and entrepreneurial skills of beneficiaries under the scheme;
- Raise young people with a highly developed consciousness about the society and their responsibilities and obligation to the society.
The function of the Change-A-Life scheme is to:
- Conceive, plan and implement projects and programmes designed to give effect to the objectives of the scheme.
- Influence the lives of children by offering them scholarships, mentoring services, skills acquisition programmes, leadership and entrepreneurial programmes for beneficiaries.
- Partner with other organizations to design and implement skills acquisition programmes for beneficiaries.
- Design intervention and support project for families of beneficiaries intended to improve and strengthening the capacity of the parents to provide for the family.
- Carry out such other activities and projects that are incidental to executing its functions under the law